Sunday, October 07, 2007

Korea: Land Of Morning Calm

After 2 and 1/2 amazing weeks in South Korea, my time here has come to an end. I'm sitting here in my Seoul Hotel room entering my last post on what has been an incredible journey through a beautiful land. I want to thank Mrs. Choi and the Korea Society for giving me this opportunity. I also want to thank the Korean Foundation for organizing a wonderful Korean Studies Workshop 2007. I leave here today with new friends, and wonderful memories of a land and a people with a deep, rich history and friendly, hospitable ways. I look forward to the opportunity to share all that I've learned and saw with my colleagues and my students in the fall. I will be putting together a cultural box full of the resources, artifacts, music, photos and lesson plans on Korea that will enhance my own, as well as my colleagues teaching of Korea. I will also keep updating this website to provide my colleagues with links to Korean and well as other East Asian related resources and professional development opportunities. Annyongi kasesyo from Korea!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello mia. Great blog. I leaned a lot about Korea

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria!
I loved reading about your journey.....your pictures are absolutely amazing! I hope you put together a side show of them, try using Microsoft's PhotoStory 3, it's on the web, it's free....I especially liked the photo of you with the Andong Hahoe village in the background....
Your trip sounds wonderful, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Can't wait to read about your next journey!
Carol McGeever

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
I have read your last entry, and will begin to read the others as I sit here. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit!
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Wow Maria what an amazing experience. You have shared it so beautifully. I have been reading your blogs and enjoying the pictures. I can't wait to hear all about it! Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Joanne