Monday, October 29, 2007

Well, my Korea journey is less than TWO weeks away!! I'm busy, busy, busy these days finishing up the school year and packing eveything needed to take with me. Korea is in their summer season and the weather will be very hot and humid. So I'm making sure I take clothes that are light and wrinkle free, plus some rain gear for the rains that will come as Korea is also entering their monsoon season. Below are some highlights of my upcoming trip, I have taken off of my itinerary...
  • Teaching an English lesson on American culture at Daeil Foreign Language High School in Seoul. Thanks 8 Yellow for helping me out with this lesson!
  • Studying about Korean History, Culture, Society and Language at Korea University in Korea's capital city of Seoul.
  • Experiencing Korean Culture with the Yoo Family (www.yoofamily.com)
  • Visiting the Demilitarized Zone, the site of the division of North and South Korea since the end of the Korean War
  • Visiting Gyeong-ju, the 1,000 year capital of Korea during the Silla period starting in 57 BCE  and today an open-air cultural museum.  We will be visiting the Bulguksa Temple and Seukguram Grotto as well as Tumuli Pavilion in downtown Gyeong-ju.
  • Exploring Namsan, the mountains south of Gyeong-ju, filled with Buddhist temples and monasteries, stone pagodas and Buddhas, rock-cut figures, pavilions, royal tombs and the remains of mountain fortresses and palaces of the Silla Kings.
  • Visiting Hwasung Fortress in Gongju, the capital of ancient Korea during the Baekje Kingdom, in 475 AD.
  • Visiting Haeinsa Buddhist Temple, in the Gaya Mountain in Hapcheon-gun region in South Gyeongsang Provinceone of Korea's most important temples and home to the Triptaka Koreana-81,340 woodblock prints of the Buddhist scriptures completed in 1251 AD during the Koryo Kingdom.
  • Observing a Social Studies class at Jungrang Middle School in Seoul

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEYY MISS AVERYY!! ITS RACHAELL!! i hope you have the best time over the summer!!! i wanna hear all about it when you get back! :-) byeee<33

Maria said...

Hi Rachaell!! I'm sure to have the greatest adventure ever. I hope you can check out my blogsite from time to time this summer..Miss Avery

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.